Here's a quick tutorial on adding color and distressing the Artisan Elements to suit your projects:
What you'll need:
- Artisan Element of choice
- craft sheet
- paint and small brush
- Distress Ink and applicator
- baby wipe
1. Use a small paint brush to color your element making sure to cover all the grooves.
2. While the paint is still wet, use a baby wipe to remove paint from the raised areas.
3. Let the paint dry (or use a heat tool to speed up the process)
4. This step is totally optional, but to achieve a more tattered effect, ink your element with a coordinating shade of Distress Ink
5. Your Artisan Element is ready to embellish your page!
Here's an example of how I incorporated it into my layout:
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and give it a try! These elements are fun and beautiful!
7 comments:
What a great tutorial, Jolaine! TFS! Love your beautiful page! Hugs ~Gerry~
First off what a gorgeous layout! Thanks for sharing your tutorial! I will definitely give is a try!
Beautiful... congrats
These elements look like a lot of fun - thanks for the tutorial!
Just got some- they are fantastic! Great page design.
Great lo & thanks so much for the tutorial!! I have a bunch of the Elements but wasn't sure how to use them. Now I can't wait to try your technique out :)
Awesome tut! Love the effect! TFS Jolaine!
Post a Comment