Monday, July 30, 2012

Layout Tutorial

As promised, I want to show you how I created my 'Always My Girl' layout from this month's MCS reveal using a white cardstock as my background.

I started by pulling some of my mists that I thought coordinated with the beautiful, bright colors in this month's LE kit. I used Glimmer Mist in Sun Sisters, Hoola Hoop, S.W.A.K. and Trunk Bay. I also used an old Prima stamp I had in my stash along with StazOn ink in Timber Brown.

Next, I stamped randomly around an 11x11 piece of white cardstock. I chose a solvent ink pad because I didn't want my stamped image to bleed when I used the mists. I used a combination of misting and splatting.

I used the zigzag stitch in my sewing my machine to sew my background onto a sheet of pattern paper.

I finished my page by adding photos, cut-out design elements from the papers, flowers and other embellishments.

Hope you found this tutorial useful. Thanks so much for your visit today!          

5 comments:

Tina said...

So beautiful and great tutorial!

Karen Shady said...

you background is wonderful Jolaine, as is your gorgeous LO...
thanks so much for sharing
Have a wonderful week x

Carla said...

This is a darling page! Love the glimmer mist technique, I have so many colors of that stuff, but seem to always forget to use them!

Brises said...

Wonderful layout, Jolaine! Thanks for sharing!

Rachael Elliott said...

The background looks fab Jolaine great tutorial!