Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Quick and Easy

Hello everyone!  I know we're all heard of 'the lazy days of summer' but if you're anything like me, these are the days when we are doing soooo many things to keed our kids entertained and catch up with chores in the house as well as the outdoors. So today, I have quick and easy page that can be done under one hour, that's right, under one hour!!

It normally takes me a couple of days and a total of about four hours to do a page so I wanted to share with you my shortcuts to get your craft on even when time is short.


Here's how I saved time:
  • Since the papers are already distressed, I skipped inking the edges.
  • I also like to use border punches on my pages but lining up the punched designs takes too long so I opted to punch only the corners on my background paper.
  • I also saved time by using a 4x6 photo which is bigger than the 3.5x5 that I normally prefer but the bigger photo needs less embellishing and layering to make your page look 'finished'
  • Stick to a single paper collection so that all the papers coordinate without having to think too much about it. Here you can see that the papers in the French Kiss collection work very nicely together.
  • Add detail with a doily! Doilies are already very intricate and they don't need anything done to them!



That's all from me today! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find my tips helpful to save some time and still get creative!

Hugs,
Jolaine

Supply List:
French Kiss SCRIPT 12x12 paper
French Kiss STRIPE 12x12 paper
French Kiss FLORAL 12x12 paper
French Kiss LABELS 12x12 paper

1 comment:

Georgia Heald said...

Such a gorgeous LO, perfectly balanced and just love the soft palette with a slight pop of color, stunning!