Monday, March 21, 2011

Prima Green

Every month, Prima presents us with an array of product picks and gives us a beautiful color palette to inspire our creativity. As you can see, these products are scrumptious but I didn't have too many of them on hand, so I decided to play along using the color palette. The colors were different shades of green with a little bit of white, craft and brown thrown in the mix for balance.



The earthy colors screamed nature to me so I decided to create a layout about the natural beauty I see in my sweet daughter. She's at that age when looks really start to matter and sometimes can seem less than thrilled about her curly hair. During the winter months, I blow dry her hair to keep away any possible colds but as soon as the weather gets milder, I let it air dry. Here she is, looking adorable with her natural curls.



Prima's new Botanical line was perfect this project. I loaded the page with texture by adding lace, felt, corrugated cardboard and some ancient wildwood Prima flowers I've had forever.




Love the effect I got after painting the corrugated cardboard with white acrylic paint. I did leave just a touch of the top layer for a more organic feel. The textured alphabet stickers were white so I inked them with Old Paper Distress Ink and added a bit of Suede Glimmer Mist randomly around the edges using a small paint brush.




I cut a postcard image out of the design paper, rolled it and tied it with floss. Here's another close-up...




For more inspiration, check out Prima's DT creations with this month's product picks and color palette, it's pure eye candy! Thanks so much for your visit!

Hugs,
Jolaine

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Amazing layout!!!

Vicky Alberto said...

I hope you win, this is truly a work of art!

Lou said...

Congrats on being featured on the Prima Blog for this gorgeous LO
Lou xx