Thursday, March 17, 2011

I'm Cool Like That!

Once again My Mind's Eye is hosting a layout challenge on their blog. I knew I had to play along and try the wonderful Stella & Rose collection. Love the masculine colors and patterns in these papers!



I love these photos of Dylan and his tough guy glasses and pose (at 5 months old no less!) reminded me of LL Cool J's old song "I'm Cool Like That!" so I used it for my title and decided to grungy up these papers.



Lately, I have been playing with actions in Photoshop Elements. I used a combination faded and vintage actions to give these photos just the right amount of antiquity. If you want to give actions a try, download a free set available on the Pionner Woman blog.



The papers were distressed, inked, embossed and even stitched. Since this is a baby layout after all, I didn't want it to look too dark so I framed the photo and background paper with cream cardstock. The cream crochet lace also added a soft touch.



I love this twine rope, it's almost like pearl swirl for boys! LOL! I just tied a knot and burned  the ends to keep from fraying. After that, I laid it on the paper and let it follow it natural form adhering in a few spots with hot glue.




Thanks so much for your visit today! Happy scrapping!

Hugs,
Jolaine

2 comments:

Fritchey said...

I absolutely love what you did with this sketch! What awesome and COOL photos! You scrapped them beautifully and with such creativity!!!!! TFS!

Gerry said...

What an awesome layout, Jolaine! Those photos are priceless! Hugs