Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Once Upon a Springtime

The last couple of weeks have been very difficult with both of my children getting sick and my son ending up admitted to the hospital. Everyone is doing well now but I was completely fried. I really needed some 'me' time so my hubby took the kids out and I got to scrappin!



I had so much fun creating this layout! I actually created it with two challenges in mind. The first one, Dusty Attic Sketch Challenge. I was very pleased to find out that my LSS started carrying DA products. I used their monthly sketch on my layout to play along but positioned my embellishment 'wreath' from corner to corner instead of top to bottom.




When it came time to choose the papers, I drew inspiration in the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger:




Love these beautiful colors and they happened to be the same ones in the gorgeous Once Upon A Springtime collection by Graphic 45. These papers are lots of fun to work with and just perfect for fussy cutting, so fussy cutting I did!




I added texture and dimenson with pop dots, crochet lace and stickles. My daughter loved the outcome almost as much as she loves fairies so we decided to place in in a shadow box and hang it in her room.



To create a more realistic effect on my DA chipboard pieces, I embossed them and then painted the raised surfaces with black acrylic paint. Once dry, I inked the entire piece with Timber Brown Staz-On ink. The Recollections flowers were misted with Rose Tea and Wheatfields Glimmer Mist. I also inked all of the papers with Tea Dye Distress Ink.

Thanks so much for visiting! I really enjoy having you and reading your sweet comments!

Hugs,
Jolaine

10 comments:

Nadia Cannizzo said...

This is so beautiful and eye catching! The photo is just amazing and the detail ..well..divine really! What a great job! Sorry to hear about health troubles with the kids, but glad all is better now. Take care...

Elizabeth Hart said...

This is so, so beatiful - all the layers are amazing - everytime you look at it you find something new.

onecraftymama said...

Omgosh, this is just lovely - the layers, the lace, the dimension of those gorgeous flowers...beautiful! And, I'm glad your kidlets are better. Nothing worse than having your kids be so ill :(

Diana Fisher said...

Sorry 'bout all the sickness going around! I do love this page!! So pretty, and great layering!! :)

Vicky Alberto said...

Oh this is magical, I hope you win!

Irish Cream said...

This is so beautiful !!!

Rae said...

WOW! What a fantastic layout!

misty said...

I had to get over here from sb.com to check this out! Its so awesome...looks like something from a pop up fairy tale book! Amazing! Hope all is better with your family!

Cath said...

Hey Jolaine! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Indy said...

Beautiful card.