Sunday, March 27, 2011

Just Another Beautiful Day

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Today I'm sharing a layout I created for Gerry's shaped layout challenge at the Webster's Pages ning site. I had a ball fussy cutting and designing with the Spring Market collection. The colors and patterns are fresh and bright so I went with a yellow, green and red color palette, no grunge here!



This picture of Emily is a couple of years old but I thought the colors and the expression in her face went perfectly with this collection. It took me forever to fussy cut the bird and hanging sign image but thought it was worth it. It almost looks like Emily is gazing at it! Here are a few close-ups:






I cut a lot of the images in the design paper out and highlighted the cutouts by adding Rock Candy Stickles, layering them and adhering some with Pop Dots.



I remembered to take pictures as I created that paper border so I should have a tutorial for you soon. Thanks for joining me today, I hope you have a beautiful day!!!

Hugs,
Jolaine

2 comments:

jazsutra said...

Jolaine ,this page is so captivating. everything about it is so pretty. the smile on her lovely face is just so sweet. the punched frame is neat and nice work with Spring market collection ;)

and thank you for your bloglove. and you know, it will definitely be one of my dream comes true if i really ever teach in the Usa one day. the best part of it would be meeting so many of you fabulous girls!! wait for me Jolaine ;) teehee;)

love
jaz

Pinky said...

wow I just love that shaped paper!