Monday, September 13, 2010

Baby Love

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a great Monday and are off to a fantastic week. I had a long weekend and was able to create a LO. I know it's not much but I'm just happy to get my mojo back. The pictures are of my husband holding Dylan for the first time. I wanted a shabby chic look so I chose a monochromatic palette using papers from Webster's Pages Lullaby Lane and some Prima packaging to make this one.


The big daisy/fan I tucked under the rolled corner and slit on the side was achieved by making a border using a Martha Stewart deep edge punch and Prima packaging.


I used my trusty hot glue gun to adhere the lace trim and flat-back pearls. The pearl trim is from JoAnn Fabrics and the paper, flowers and lace can be purchased at Flamingo Scraps.


The vintage font I used for the title is called 1942 Report, love it! It can be downloaded free by clicking here.  I just printed it on cardstock and framed it with a Tim Holtz book plate. I also used some beads found at the floral department at Michael's as well as some white feathers.


I just love this cute little fairy riding on a turtle! I covered it in Crackle Accents to add texture.


Thanks for stopping by today. Have a great week!


4 comments:

Tiffany said...

WOW!! this is Gorgeous!!

Janet's Joy said...

Simply stunning!

Beebeebabs said...

Very pretty layout tfs!!!

Cindy deRosier said...

Beautiful! Can't wait to see what you show during your GDT month at Flamingo Scraps!