Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Creating Depth With Glitz Design

Hi everyone! As you may know, Glitz' blog challenge is well underway and our design focus is to use book paper in our projects. Lea, our DT coordinator extraordinaire provided this beautiful image as inspiration...



I also wanted to challenge myself to create depth in my layouts. In my first LO, I created dimension using layers while in the second layout, I played around with mediums, sooo much fun!


This layout features the new and totally awesome Pretty In Pink. This collection has soft, romantic colors as well as grungy, vintage ones, it's totally me! The paper layers were an excellent way to incorporate book paper into my LO.



The cherub and vintage clocks images were fussy cut out of a mini album page.


The circle frame is a Dusty Attic chip piece which I covered with crackle medium and acrylic paint, then inked and sprayed with Glimmer Mist.

For my next layout, I used the Happy Travels collection, another stunning release!


There's lots of dimension here, I had a blast creating this page!



This clock is also by Dusty Attic, I just love all their pieces! I used a Crafter's Workshop template to achieve the brick background but painted over it with modeling paste instead of paint and that resulted in even more texture.


I combined coarse craft sand with Mod Podge to spread thoughout my page. Small sea shells along with craft netting (found in the river rock section of the craft store) were also tucked around the photo for a more 'beachy' effect.


Thanks so much for joining me today. I hope you find time to play along with the blog challenge, I absolutely enjoy seeing all your wonderful submissions.

Have a happy scrappy time!
Hugs,
Jolaine

Supply List:

You Make The World Go Round
Pretty in Pink Polka
Pretty in Pink Ledger
Pretty in Pink Toile
Pretty in Pink Music
Pretty in Pink Roses
Pretty in Pink Chipboard Album
Pretty in Pink Epoxy Stickers
Pretty in Pink Paper Layers

Life Is An Adventure... Experience It
Happy Travels Stripe
Happy Travels Floral
Happy Travels Layered Stickers
Happy Travels Titles Stickers

5 comments:

Lea L. said...

These are so pretty, Jolaine! I especially love that second layout- the muted colors are awesome, and the sand makes me smile!

Romy said...

Gosh, your layouts are both so amazing and have a lot of wonderful dimension in it! I love the girly feel to the first one, those Pretty in Pink papers look so pretty! And your second layout just has a lovely beach feel to it. I love it that you even used some real sand on it: such a creative idea!

Rachael Funnell said...

FAR OUT Jolaine!!
Both these Layouts are DELIGHTFUL!!!
The Layers are Gorgeous & love all the Punch work in your First Layout....
I love the Beach feel to your Second layout... You wouldn't think it's from the Happy Travels Collection!!!
FABBO...

Becky said...

Hi Jolaine! Beautiful layouts and love all the textures you infused!

Jason Rivera said...

These are so pretty, Jolaine! I especially love that second layout- the muted colors are awesome, and the sand makes me smile!