Thursday, January 5, 2012

Top 15 of 2011

The beginning of the new year is the perfect time to look back at all different facets of our lives. 2011 was my most creative year yet and I enjoyed every minute of it. It was hard picking my favorite layouts  but I narrowed it down to 15 (I just couldn't do 10!, LOL!)

1. Once Upon A Springtime
My favorite LO of the year is this is this one using Once Upon A Springtime by Graphic 45. I love how this photo and this collection complemented each other.


2. Little But Tough
Another fave was this one using Prima for a boy page. My self-imposed challenge here was not to use flowers.

3. Beautiful
I was lucky enough to be invited to join the DT for Glitz Design and was excited to create with their latest collections but this one, Beautiful Dreamer, was definitely my favorite.

4. Grateful 4 You
I can't seem to get enough of Prima, this page is Prima all around!


5.Beautiful Time
Of course, I had to include Webster's Pages in this list. The All About Me collection's soft colors and sweet designs were perfect for all kinds of pages.

6. Expand Your Horizons
With this next page, I had tons of fun misting and masking on the canvas sheet.

7. The World Is Your Playground
This is one of my favorite photos of Dylan and I enjoyed fussy cutting to complete this design.

8. Enjoy the Journey
This next page was kind of different for me. Though I did lots of layering, masking and fussy cutting like I normally do, I went for a more 'adult' look with this photo of my sister.

9. Love This Happy Boy
My Mind's Eye came out with some great collections this past year and I played around to create this fun layout of Dylan.

10. Write Your Own Story
I have a soft spot for vintage and when Cosmo Cricket released their Circa 1934 collection, I knew it was time to scrap this old photo of Emily. This one is was soooo much fun to create!

11. Celebrate Freedom
Once again getting grungy with it! LOL!

12. Wishful

I try to make shaped layouts whenever possible to brake the routine a little bit. This one uses Melissa Frances.

13. Mother & Daughter
The Gabrielle collection by Bo Bunny was another one of my favorites this year.

14. Sweetness
I love the pink and floral patterns in the Sweetness range by Pink Paislee and this photo of Emily just makes me smile. I tried hand stitching on my pages for the first time while creating this layout.

15. Lovely Smile
I do love to see my sweet girl smile and this page created with Crate Paper Portrait collection took me forever to create because of all the fussy cut flowers but I love how it turned out.

Thanks for coming along for this look back. I'll have my top 5 altered projects for you tomorrow. Have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Sandi Smith said...

Every creation is stunning!! Your work is always beautiful.

Rachael Elliott said...

WOW what an absolutely stunning collection of pages Jolaine!!! You are so so talented!

Angie S. said...

These are all so beautiful. Thank you for sharing your talent.

Melissa said...

Your children are gorgeous & precious, and you and your sister are just beautiful. Every page just gets better and better, you are so talented!