Saturday, January 7, 2012

January Main Kit Reveal

This month's Main Kit from My Creative Scrapbook is just perfect for the cold season and snowy days. I love all the different colors and embellishments in this kit featuring Fancy Pants Winterland.

Rosy Cheeks. My first LO with this kit uses lots of distressed layers in unusual colors for winter.  


I just recently purchased this snowflake punch by Martha Stewart and I love it, it's a must have!


The kit includes a few wooden doilies my Maya Road and those are fun to alter. Here I chose to paint one and ink the edges.

Winterland. This next page has a totally different color palette. I just adore the blue and white color combo with a hint of tan.



Delight. I know not everyone lives in a place where they get snow so I decided to create an everyday page to show how this kit can be used to fit any theme. I fussy cut all of the flowes and tucked them around the ripped paper to create this design.




This awesome chipboard frame included in the kit is by Leaky Shed. To create this look, I painted and inked it, then applied a coat of Rock Candy Crackle paint.


Chill Out. I have never created a clear layout so when I saw the Hambly Screen Prints transparency included in the kit, I decided to use it as the base of my page. I really like the result. If you decide to try this, I recommend adding a piece of pattern paper to provide some stability to your layout.


Here's another one of those wooden doilies. Though it's hard to tell from the picture, I covered the entire thing with glitter after painting it white.


I just know you'll love this kit, the DT did an amazing job with! Pop over to the MSC gallery for additional inspiration.

Thanks so much for joining me today, my LE kit creations will be up soon! Have a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

Shona said...

WOW...all amazing projects. Love the softness of them and the fussy cutting is awesome...gorgeous!!!

Becky Andersen said...

You have done such a beautiful job with this kit! so many variations! Love them all! Thanks for the inspiration!

MARILYN said...

Que BELLO todo!!! Me encanto la primera pagina..Hermosa y la del rasgado con las hojas..Hermosa!! Como decimos aca en PR...Te Botastes!!!!
Un abrazo!