Friday, August 5, 2011

August Limited Edition Kit Reveal At My Creative Scrapbook

Hello there! It's reveal time at My Creative Scrapbook and today I'd like to share with you my work with the gorgeous Limited Edition kit. This kit was an absolute pleasure to work with. It features the beautiful 5th Avenue collection by Melissa Frances and of course, tons of beautiful flowers.


For my first layout, I decided to cut the background paper into a circle. The masking was created using one of the masks included in the kit along with Wheatfields Glimmer Mist. I also outlined the masked image with a light brown pen. I really liked the result. 



I loved one of the acetate sentiments included in the kit but the colors didn't coordinate with this layout so I printed it onto one of the die cuts and placed it behind this beautiful resin frame, my favorite!


For my next layout, I pulled the blue, green and cream colored papers and embellies to create a baby layout for Dylan. I know this is not a baby themed collection but I just couldn't resist. The images are so shabby and delicate that it reminded me of baby clothing.


There's lots of hand stitching and fussy cutting on this page, fun!




For my next page, I scrapped this beautiful photo of Emily while searching for rocks to throw into the pond. Again, the beautiful papers didn't need too much to create this page. I just did some layering, machine stitching and distressing.


The pretty vintage lady was actually cut out of the Melissa Frances packaging. I also framed the tag here with liquid pearls.




My last page has a bit of a victorian look to it, don't you think? All the stitching here was done by hand using my Making Memories ruler for the straight stitch and the Sew Easy for the stitching on the left side.


 Here's few close ups of this one...




I also want to let you all know that My Creative Scrapbook will reveal a new blog on August 15th...
Do you like sketches? then you will love this blog... and wait until you see the prizes! Dont miss out on all the fun Pam has in store, you don't have to be a kit subscriber to be a member on the message boards and have fun with us!
I'll be back tomorrow to share my projects with the super fun Main kit!

Hugs,
Jolaine


Wait until you see the prizes ..

4 comments:

LISA said...

Jolaine, your layouts are gorgeous!! Beautiful work with the MF papers!!

Vicky Alberto said...

these papers really suit your style!

María Castillo said...

Hola Jolaine! Todas tus pàginas son una belleza, esas flores y adornos son maravillosas!! Y tenès un estilo muy lindo y especial, admiro mucho tu trabajo! Un abrazo desde <Costa Rica

WillieburgScrapper said...

Jolaine- oh my goodness- these pages are GORGEOUS!!! The first page's design and detail- amazing!!! The photo and design in "Wonderful You" are perfect! Every single photo is lovely but I love that one most. I'm not sure why but I'm not getting updates when you post- I will look into it now. I also stopped getting emails from scrapbook.com- it was getting bananas with like 200 emails a day and I just couldn't hack it anymore. :) Thank you for visiting my blog- I really appreciate it. I got the idea to break up my DA chicken wire from your extremely gorgeous 4th of July page. I also want to order more so if you find a source please drop me a line. :)