I don't know about you but I love frosted roses. This month's LE kit at MSC included a package of beautifully frosted Prima flowers. I wanted to recreate the look to add more sparkle and dimension to the other roses. This is what I did:
-Flowers to be altered
-Smooch Spritz in Vanilla Shimmer
-Diamond Dust (found in the floral section at your local craft store)
1. Ink the edges of the flower very lightly. Leave stems on for easier handling.
2. Spray your flower with Vanilla Shimmer spritz. This will give your flower a wonderful, colorless shimmer and will cause the edges to 'bleed' adding a more natural two-tone effect. Dry your flower with a heat gun.
3. Apply Glossy Accents in random spots.
4. Roll your flower on the Diamond Dust and let air dry. This may take 20 - 40 minutes depending on how much Glossy Accents you applied. Try and be patient here if you use the heat tool, the crystals can burn and become opaque.
5. This is what the finished roses look like. Love it! Hope you guys try it!