Saturday, August 13, 2011

MCS Augut Main Kit Reveal

Happy Saturday to you all! I have for you today the layouts I created with My Creative Scrapbook's August Main Kit. This kit was full of beautiful, bright papers and fun embellishments just perfect to document summer memories.

My first layout includes lots of images I hand cut out of the patten paper as well as some chipboard stickers. I really like that some of the papers in this kit are bright and fun while others offer a more vintage and softer look. Here I have a couple of photos of Dylan I took while he played in front of an old building across the street from Crayola Factory last month. He was so excited so I titled the page Ready 2 Play.


I used white paint to ink the edges of the blue pattern paper, corrugated cardboard to mat the photo and some machine stitching.



Next, I scrapped a photo of Emily and a friend at a recent playdate. They were enjoying the pool and sunshine. I just love their toothless grins! As usual, I did lots of machine stitching and distressing to create texture.


A tutorial on altering corrugated cardboard for the circle in the background will follow shortly. I also used puffy paint on the flower for an added touch.



For my next layout I used the die cut paper included in the kit along with Glimmer Mist in Sun Sisters. I seem to be reaching for that color very often lately, so sunny and bright! I love polka dots and this red pattern paper was just perfect for these photos of Emily munching on juicy watermelon.



I used a large EK Success border punch for the scallop borders, hand stitching and lots of paper distressing.



My last layout uses muted colors in the kit. I love this photo of my kids feeding the ducks, so serene! I really loved the Simple Stories papers and embellishments included in this kit, the perfect combination of vintage and soft.


My did some really light masking using a punched paper border and a bit of layering.



Thanks so much for stopping by today. Have fun scrapping!

3 comments:

Camilla Ekman said...

WOW, these are amazing!!! I cannot believe how good you are at using busy patterned papers. FANTASTIC!!!!

Vicky Alberto said...

such adorable and creative creations!

jazsutra said...

Oh WOW !! Jolaine, I just enjoy looking at your work1 Something very light and easy about it and everything is so Gorgeous!!!

love
jaz