Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Preschool Mini Album

It's hard to believe summer is almost gone! Spending the entire day with my kids has been great, we've had so much fun! I'm kind of dreading the arrival of the fall because it means that I will go back to work and the daily hour-long commute that comes with it! Most importantly, Emily will be starting first grade!!! It seems hard to believe but kids do grow by the minute!

With that said, I thought it was about time I finally scrapped Emily's preschool photos so I created a mini album. Because most photos of Emily's preschool years I have include lots of other children, I photographed the mini before including those photos.


 
I used the Learning Curve collection by Bo Bunny along with a few bits from Cosmo Cricket, Maya Road and 7Gypsies. The cover of the album is a small three ring binder by Close To My Heart I had in my stash for ages. I thought I'd keep things simple so I can actually get it done before Septembe, not too many frills here!






Thoughout the book, I included a few pockets and envelopes with cute library cards inside for journaling or photos.



The yellow double mat above opens to reveal space for two more photos.


The striped Bo Bunny trim frays like crazy so I burned its edges with a lighter.


The cute pockets are by 7Gypsies. They are such and easy way to include some interactive fun to your minis!

I removed part of the adhesive of my chipboard pieces with baby powder. This will allow me to slip a photo on the mat later. Good tip to remember whenever you're making a mini without photos.



I plan to photograph Emily's diploma and graduation ceremony program and print them onto cardstock so I can store them in this cute Maya Road craft envelope.




Ever go home with a few too many pencils from Ikea? I sure do, here's what I did with them! The trifold next to the pencils opens up to provide space for four photos where I'll have Emily's pictures with her teachers.




I have three journaling cards here which I adhered with an eyelet to be able to swivel them and have more space to journal and place photos. The little report cards are by Kaissercraft and I thought they would be perfect for writing the names of Emily's best friends.


The adorable light bulb charm (along with the two others in the front cover) came from an Industrial Chic set from Michael's.


That's all for today! I hope I have inspired you to scrap some back to school memories. Happy scrapping!



3 comments:

Romy said...

Oh wow, your mini turned out so fabulous and cute! These papers are perfect for it:)

Camilla Ekman said...

Omg, it's the cutest!!!

Dorothy said...

indeed, you have inspired us to scrap and create a mini! wow! :D