Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My Creative Scrapbook July Reveal

Two posts in one day?! I know!!!! Bear with me, I have lots to share so here I go...

This month's Limited Edition kit at My Creative Scrapbook is drop dead gorgeous. It's LOADED with beautiful Webster's Pages Country Estate and Prima flowers, bling and lace. I was in girly crafting heaven when I saw it yet I managed to create this boy page. I think I can get away with it because Dylan is still a baby in this picture.


Lots of fussy cutting here. I also used a lot of my favorite Ranger Pop It shapes to add dimension to my cutouts. Take a closer look...



For my next layout, I used softer tones and went totally romantic. This collection is full of soft floral patterns which I love! 


I did a lot of machine stitching here and put my Martha Stewart border punches to work, some of my favorite tools lately!



Next, I wanted to create a totally vintage, yet shabby chic page with this gorgeous gazebo image. I used a Photoshop action (free from Pioneer Woman) to edit my photo and get just the look I was going for. I heavily distressed and inked the papers and layered lots of cutouts from the collection to achieve this look. I really like how it turned out, it's much prettier in person.



Here's a close-up...


For my final layout with this kit I tried to create a scene of tranquility to go with the picture. I caught Emily just sitting quietly and dangling her legs, such a sweet childhood moment.




Once I was done with the LE kit, I got to work with the Main kit. This month's main kit is fun and femenine. It features the beautiful Emma's Shoppe collection by Crate Paper and Life Is Good by Echo Park along with pretty Prima and Petaloo flowers. I had so much fun creating with this kit!

My first page was created by tracing an old die cut paper and cutting it out using scallop scissors then punching each scallop with a tiny hole punch. I got the awesome tip from the super talented Gerry. I also did some masking and lacing.





For my next layout, I tried to create a fun and playful design while maintaining my usual layers and distressed look.



As you could probably tell, one of my favorite things to do is to use my border punches around die cut shapes. I created a tutorial on how to do this which you can view here.



I tried Puffy paint on the pink Prima flowers and loved the effect! I think there's a lot of Puffy paint in my future!


On this layout, I pulled some of the fun and bright Echo Park papers. There were so many stickers on this kit that it was hard to stop myself from adding more!



My final layout couldn't be simpler. I just punched the borders of some layers and accented the photos with flowers, easy peasy!



Thanks so much for joining me once again. Please take a moment to see what the other DT gals created with this month's kits and check out MSC's awesome DT gallery.This was a lengthy post, I hope you found some inspiration today!

6 comments:

Bente Fagerberg said...

I just love this. Especially how you added the scallopped edge to the die cut paper in your "Love" layout.
it is all so soft and feminine.

misty said...

They are all so gorgeous! You do amazing work!

Jeannine said...

How on EARTH do I comment one time on so many stunning pages?? I'll have to sum it up... WOW!! WOW!! WOW!!! I cannot tell you how much I admire your work. Seriously... you are the BEST out there!!

I must say tho, your "Moments To Remember" page is anything but simple! lol Well, I guess when I look at your other pages this one would be simple compared to those but definitely not a simple page in my book!

Your work is exquisite. I can honestly say that I look forward to your blog updates more than anyone else on the internet. So much eye candy, so little time! lol

Thank you so much for sharing your work with us. I will need to zoom in on each page so I don't miss anything because there's so much to see - even on your "simple" page! lol

Carla said...

WOW amazing work, love all the lay outs, they are all just simply stunning!

Janine K said...

Hi Jolaine, thanks so much for stopping by my blog and you sweet comment. You LO's here are beautiful, I especially love the first one!

Jillian Deiling Cassity said...

your july los are absolutely gorgeous!! Youre soo incredibly talented!!