Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Celebrate Freedom

Thanks so much for all your sweet congratulatory words yesterday about me joining the Glitz Designs DT. I'm really excited!

I hope you all had a great 4th of July holiday. We sure did! We were able to catch our town's fireworks display right before getting away to visit the Crayola Factory, Hershey Park and Chocolate World. It was a blast!!! Now that I'm back I couldn't resist playing with Bo Bunny's layout challenge which asked us to create a layout inspired by an ad. This is what I came up with...



In the spirit of the holiday, I drew inspiration from this ad...



 Love it's grungy appeal which goes perfectly with my style of scrapbooking. All the distressed blues and reds with a touch of white immediately reminded me of Bo Bunny's Liberty collection and I knew I had to scrap this awesome photo of Emily last year right before the fireworks display.

Here are a couple of close-ups:




Does the design look familiar? It probably does as so many people are playing along Nadia's fun sketch challenges twice a month over at Once Upon A Sketch. I was honored to be featured last week and couldn't resist using another of her sketches, they're so easy to put together and beautiful! Here is the design she provided:



Thanks Nadia for another amazing sketch to play with! And thank you for taking the time to stop by today. Have fun crafting!!!

11 comments:

Jeannine said...

Beautiful page, Jolaine! I haven't seen the papers you've used before so not sure how much of it was the paper's design and how much was your own touch, but I just love it! It looks like you used the wire honeycomb looking material to make the print of it in white. Not sure how you did it exactly but it's a great touch! TFS :)

Natalie Elphinstone said...

What a stunning layout! I can certainly see how you've used the inspiration piece and the sketch - but this page is still so beautifully unique. I'm loving the honeycomb chipboard! Awesome!

sandi said...

Love what you've done here! I really like the mix and the way your colors match your pic...perfect!

Irini said...

Stunning stunning layout!!!!!
love all the details love the colours just fabulous!!!!
Thanks so much for playing with us at Once Upon A...Sketch!!

WillieburgScrapper said...

Jolaine Bo Bunny needs to add you to their DT STAT- this page is a perfect showcase for their 4th of July line! I love how feminine and layered. There is so much detail and technique- very very inspiring.

KellyCreates said...

Gee, Jolaine, you are cranking out so many beauties!!! Stunning work, as always :)

Natalie said...

Oh this is just gorgeous -love it

Helen Tilbury said...

WOW this is such a stunning layout! Great job!! Thanks for playing at Once Upon a Sketch :)

Gerry said...

Gorgeous layout, Jolaine! Thank you so much for playing along at OUAS! Gerry

Helen Tilbury said...

Another seriously beautiful layout from you Jolaine...thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous work at Once Upon a Sketch :)

Bente Fagerberg said...

Stunning work here. So happy you shared at OUAS! I love it!