Sunday, June 5, 2011

Punched Paper Border Tutorial

In this tutorial, I will show you how I created the punched paper border on my 'Memorable' layout. This quick and easy technique can be used on all kinds of die cut papers to add a 'finished with lace' look to your projects.

1. Start by punching the border of a 12x12 piece of cardstock using your favorite border punch. I used Swirling Lace by Martha Stewart.


2. Now cut out your punched border allowing about a inch of space. To go around the circle paper included in the LE kit, you will need just a little more than 3 strips but I cut out 4 strips of paper just to be safe.


3. Use your scissors to 'fringe' your paper strip on the side opposite of the decorative border. Each slit does not have to be cut at the same distance, we just want our cardstock to be more flexible and follow the contour of our die cut paper.


4. Apply adhesive to the edge of your circle paper or any other die cut paper you choose. The adhesive I'm using here is ATG tape by 3M.


5. Now you're ready to 'mold' your fringed strip of cardstock around your die cut paper.


Here's what the whole die cut paper looks like on its back side.


And here's what the front, finished layout looks like...


I hope you give this technique a try! Have fun playing!!!

3 comments:

Vicky Alberto said...

awesome tip!

Keren Tamir said...

That's amazing thanks for showing me this trick!! I can't wait to use it. I really love your layouts! they are just beautiful!!

rebecca said...

thank you so much for this tutorial!! :)