Thursday, December 9, 2010

Ready for Christmas?

I don't know about you, but December pretty much sneaked up on me! I was still finishing up some fall pages when I turned around to see that the world had turned to a holiday land! I'm so inspired by the sights and sounds of the season to create some holiday projects but first, I thought I'd share with you some autumn layouts I created recently.

The first one is of my daughter Emily at her preschool's Thanksgiving Pow WOW last year dressed as an Wampanoag child. I used the Webster's Pages Wonderfall collection.



The flowers were made by layering petals cut on the Cricut and so was the title. I hid the journaling tag behind the photo and used a butterfly as a pull. All of these butterflies were actually clipart printouts I found on Google and printed on ivory colored cardstock. To make the border, I simply cut a bunch of scallop circles on my Cricut machine.


For my second LO, I also used some Wonderfall papers as well as a load of other pretty layers to scrap this cute photo of my son Dylan. I found the harvest-themed music note paper on my go-to website, The Graphics Fairy. The paper doily was distressed a bit with Antique Linen Distress Ink.


Just a tip when adding layers to your LOs, gather all the elements you think would complement your page and add them without adhering anything down. This would leave you some room to make adjustments. When you're happy with the look, take a photo with your cellphone and then you'll remember what you inteded to do!


The last LO I'm sharing with you today was created with Webster's Pages Hollywood Vogue collection. It's really not a fall themed collection but I built my design around the purple sweater my daughter is wearing in this picture. The brown leafy trim and the cork tile title help complement the photo.




That's it for today!  Hope I helped inspire you to create! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!!!

1 comment:

María Castillo said...

Tus trabajos siempre da gusto verlos amiga, son una preciosidad! Cariños, María