Saturday, November 6, 2010

Coordinates Collections Reveal Day!

Today is the reveal day for the DT projects made with the November kits at Coordinates Collections. This month I used the gorgeous Just Dessert kit to create these three LOs. The neutral colors in this kit lend themselves for classic pages that can be either child or adult themed.

For my first LO, I used the My Mind's Eye papers and stickers. The photo of my husband holding Dylan was actually taken on Christmas Eve last year, but I didn't want to make a seasonal page so I printed the photo on sepia tone and cut out the background; I then used pop dots to make it pop off the page. For the frame of the photo, I cut out the paper and rolled the edges back. The argyle background I used behind the photo was actually cut on my Cricut using the Wild Card cartridge.


For the title, I added the Tim Holtz charm alphabets and some hemp over the banner included in the kit. All of the stickers had beautiful glitter accents which I covered in Glossy Accents to keep from flaking off.




I actually used the shipping tag included in the Feastive Feast kit to print my journaling. It reads, "Be such a man my son, and live such a life, that if every man were such as you, and every life such as yours, this earth would be God's paradise". The little bird at the bottom is a clipart image from The Graphics Fairy.



For my second LO, I used more of the My Mind's Eye papers included in the kit, this time, with a black and white photo of Emily and a paper doily behind it.


The flowers you see here are actually handmade using  pages from an old book, Glimmer Mist and Distress Inks. I will be posting a tutorial on how to make these if you're interested.







My last  LO was was created with the gorgeous resist papers by Pink Paislee. These are just so fun to work with! They can be inked or misted to give them any hue you'd like. I loved the simple but elegant images embossed onto the paper so I couldn't resist scrapping a wedding photo. The music note paper inspired me to use this particular photo of our first dance as husband and wife.


To add color to the papers, I used  Distress Ink in Weathered Wood, Broken China and Old Paper. I added some of the Pink Paislee Artisan elements and other embellies.




The tickets were distressed a bit with my Tim Holtz paper distresser and rolled with the back of a paint brush to make them  more dimensional. I also misted them with Wheatfields Glimmer Mist to tone down the bright white color.



To see what the other DT girls created with this wonderful kit, visit the Coordinates Collections blog.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a creative week!






3 comments:

LG said...

You never cease to amaze me. I just love your style!

WillieburgScrapper said...

Hi Jolaine! I LOVE these pages! The daddy and son one is so touching! I love the matching newsboy caps! And the wedding page is GORGEOUS!!!!
I hope you don't mind but I awarded you a cherry on top award on my blog- only because I read your site as soon as it's updated so I can learn. :)
Michelle

Jhoanna said...

i like the way you design the wedding page=) love the flower,its my favorite color..great work!