Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Valentine's Day Card/Treat Pocket Tutorial

As promised yesterday, I prepared a tutorial for my Valentine's Day card/treat pocket. This was very easy and quick to create and make a great teacher gift. Enjoy!



Before we begin, please excuse the bad lighting, I normally scrap late at night :) I began by scoring a glassine bag an inch from the top, then measuring the rest of my bag. I knew I wanted my bag to stick out a little bit for a more handmade look. The bag I'm using is 7X4.5 and was purchased on Ebay.


I then cut a piece of brown cardstock that measured 6X10 and scored it at 4 inches. That will create a pocket that is 6 inches tall in the back and 4 inches tall in the front to nicely display our bag of treats.


Next, cut two pieces of coordinating pattern papers a quarter of an inch smaller for each panel. That means we'll need a piece of paper that measures 3.75X5.75 for the front and a second piece of pattern paper that measures 5.75X5.75 for the back panel.


I inked both pieces of paper with Tea Dye Distress Ink before adhering. I also used hot glue to attach some lace to the front border.


Instead of glue, I used my sewing machine to stitch around the bottom and sides of my pocket.


Our pocket is ready! We can now decorate as desired. I used pearls, rub-bons, flowers and Prima metal frame. The sentiment inside the frame was printed onto pattern paper by combining two different font styles from my computer. I also decorated the bag after filling it up with Dove milk chocolates.


I hope you liked this tutorial. I really enjoyed creating this fun pocket, and I hope you give it a try!

8 comments:

soapHOUSEmama said...

so sweet and feminine!

Shona said...

I love it and want to make one :)

Eivor/Ejja said...

What a lovley "pocket". I think I have to try to do one *smile*.
Have a nice day!

Eivor/Ejja
www.eivor.blogg.se

Carol said...

Such a lovely project, so sweet and elegant.

rose said...

what a lovely card!

pooky said...

Dove chocolates!!!!!! Love your treat bag and the tut! Tfs!

Becky said...

Beutiful Card pocket. Love the tutorial!

Romy said...

Gosh, this looks so beautiful! It makes a really pretty and sweet gift.