Sunday, February 5, 2012

Love Is In The Air

It's reveal time over at My Creative Scrapbook and I get to finally share the layouts I created with the February kits. Today I'm sharing my creations with the Main kit which feature the sweet Paper Hearts collection by Crate Paper, just perfect for lovey dovey projects to celebrate Valentine's Day.

Here's my first project with the kit,


If you have young kids, then you know how hard it is to get both kids on the shot to pose, so this is what I get. It' life, and love it! This photo totally reflects my children's personalities at the moment, Emily is a ham and Dylan is funny beyond belief. LOL!



The quote is something I found on Pinterest and I edited it slightly.


The next page came together incredibly fast, for me anyway, because this kit was so easy to work with. Just some stamping, some punch work, and a little bit of detailed cutting and it was all done! Sometimes the designs in the paper call for simple!


Here's a closer view,



For my third page, I got a little bit artsy as I played with modeling paste with this masculine page.



My final project with this kit is an altered project. I altered this little paint can from Michael's with heaps of embellishments from the kit!


Another quick and easy project thanks to all the stickers and punch-outs included in the kit. After altering, I filled it up with Dove milk chocolate hearts and it's now ready to be gifted!




Thanks so much for stopping by. I'll be back tomorrow to share my creations with the Limited Kit. For now, be sure to check out MCS DT gallery for more beautiful inspiration!

5 comments:

Shona said...

wow gorgeous work!

Rachael Elliott said...

Totally gorgeous creations Jolaine! Love the altered paint pot, think it might have something to do with what is inside it!! lol

WillieburgScrapper said...

These are all so beautiful Jolaine! I love this Crate line but you really made it stand out by mixing your "shabby chic/romantic" style with painterly details. I'm not making much sense... let's just say I think you did a fantastic unique and original job with all these pages and the super cute candy jar. I LOVE the paint, the layering with doilies and punched borders, and flower clusters- fantastic work!!!

Susan said...

I just found your blog through pinterest. I love your work and I am your newest follower!!

WillieburgScrapper said...

You are inspiration my lady! I just linked to this website on my blog because I lifted one of your page elements- this post just got me scrapping- it's rare that something I see on a blog literally makes me go to my desk- thank you so much! I can add the photo of your LO but I thought it would be better to drive traffic this way. :)