Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sweetness

Mother Nature has been teasing us lately! Last week temperatures reached almost 70 degrees but yesterday we woke up to 7 more inches of snow! Either way, I can't wait to see the grass again! As I think of the sweet spring season that takes its time to arrive, I pulled the beautiful Sweetness collection by Pink Paislee and created a layout for my daughter.



I liked theses papers so much I pre-ordered them when they were first released about 3 months ago, I can't believe it took me so long to actually use them! Love this photo of Emily and thought the lush foliage on the paper complemented her smile just right.

I did do a lot of fussy cutting and hand stitching. When my husband saw me come over to watch a movie with him with paper and needle in hand, he just laughed! It took me more than an hour to stitch around the base page and the die cut paper! It was worth it though, I'm very pleased with the end result!


 

Don't thow away your packaging! I used the back of the rub-ons packaging to cut out the name of the paper collection and used it as my title. The beautiful green lace is by Cheep Trims available at Flamingo Scraps.


I also used some pink acrylic paint and Distress Ink to add color to my Artisan Element. To see the tutorial I shared earlier, click here.


To hightlight the beautiful flowers, I cut them out, inked the edges and adhered them using pop dots.  I also scattered a few rose leaves by Prima in between the flowers.



Hope you liked my layout! Thanks so much for stopping by, have a very creative week!

8 comments:

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Hi there! Thanks so much for dropping by my blog. To be honest I cant believe you did that because I was looking at your layout at the MME Challenge No#20 album on their blog today...and yours stood out to me. I was thinking..."hmmm...this should have won" . LOL..Then I see you on my blog...a bit freaky I think! LOL..By the way...I get excited about new release stuff too and when I actually have it in my hands it takes me a Loooooooooooong time to use it too. :o) Lovely layout and look forward to more from you! Have a great day.

WillieburgScrapper said...

I agree with everything Nadia just said! I LOVE pre prdering too but when this collection came out I was trying the whole "budget" concept which I now REGRET! I got a few pages here and there but this collection is mostly sold out. LOOOVE the paper piecing you did!!! I laughed when I read about the hubby's reaction- mine always goes REALLY? REALLY??? When I show up to "watch" a movie with all my scrap stuff. :) Frankly too many movies have boring parts- no need to just sit there and suffer! :)

Vicky Alberto said...

oh this lo is AMAZING!!!

Kottens corner said...

The details are gorgeous! Love your stitching.

I am passing along the Stylish Blogger Award to you! Visit http://kottenscorner.blogspot.com/to grab your award.

/Jenny

Debbie said...

When I was reading about your weather, I thought gee that sounds like where I live. We have had some strange weather here on the East Coast. Where you ended up with 7 inches of snow, I got 5! Such a lovely layout! Gorgeous colors and I love the stitching!!

LG said...

fantastic work as always! Love the design, color combo and layering. Great job!

Gerry said...

Hey sweetie, your layout is simply amazing! Love everything about it! Hugs ~Gerry~

Tracey said...

Wow this is absolutely stunning, picture and page are both so pretty, gorgeous details, thanks for sharing xxx