Thursday, February 17, 2011

Baby Cheeks

It's hard to believe my sweet little baby boy will soon be two years old. Lately, I find myself looking at his baby pictures and it feels like forever ago that I was able to squeeze him for as long as I pleased. Now, he won't stay still for more than 2 minutes, and if I want to hug him, I have to chase him all over the house!

As soon as I saw My Mind's Eye sketch challenge for this month, I knew I wanted to scrap this picture. The quality of the photo is not particularly good, but I just love it. I used some Portobello Road and Buddies papers from the Lost And Found Collection. I don't think I'll ever tire of working with these beautiful papers!



As you can see, I did a lot of distressing and embossing while trying to keep the look shabby and soft. Finally broke into my new Big Shot machine and had lots of fun using my new embossing folders. I also used a crochet doily I got from Michael's dollar bin (gotta love those fab finds!). Since the papers have a lot of glitter on them, I sprayed them with Preserve It to keep the glitter from flaking off; it worked beautifully!hat

Here's the LO that inspired my design:


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a blessed and creative week!

Hugs,
Jolaine

6 comments:

WillieburgScrapper said...

You found that doily in Micheal's? Awesome! Love this page! The colors are really great and the design is perfect to keep the focus on that beautiful photo. Gotta see if I can get preserve it- never thought I would find a solution for glitter flaking. Did you also stiffen the doily yarn? It looks so nicely even.

Vicky Alberto said...

hope you win - that is GORGEOUS!

LG said...

OMG this is so gorgeous! Love your take to the sketch!

jazsutra said...

OH WOWW!!! love your blog!!! And your work is beautiful!!!

jaz

Gerry said...

Such an adorable layout, Jolaine!

Tracey said...

Precious photo and page, love the soft colours - amazing how quick they grow isn't it, 0 to adult in 60 seconds lol, my youngest has just turned 11 yet his birth seems like yesterday - enjoy every moment !!!