Saturday, February 5, 2011

Coordinates Collections Song Birds Kit

Hello scrappy friends! I'm excited to share with you my projects for the Song Birds kit over at Coordinates Collections. It features ultra cute papers and embellishments by Fancy Pants and We R Memory keepers.



For my first layout, I cut one of the pattern papers into a 9 inch circle using my Cricut machine. I then used my Martha Stewart doily lace border punch to cut strips of paper and make a double border. I really like how this turned out!


I did a lot of fussy cutting in order to use these vines as embellishments here. The little birds were adhered with pop dots and covered in Rock Candy Stickles. I also played a little with paint. To get this effect, simply dilute a small amount of paint and flick your paint brush over the surface you're working on. 


The sentiment came from a border strip I cut into pieces and inked. The stitches are made by poking holes with a paper piercer and connecting the dots with a brown marker. I don't know how to sew but I'm determined to learn!


For my second layout, I decided to use two photos, haven't done that in a while! Don't you just love that white and blue ledger paper?! So cute! I combined it with the red patter paper to coordinate with my daughter's dress. As a design accent, I used a doily as a stencil. I cut the small yellow hearts out of one of the borders and used my Cricut to cut the red ones, then I covered everything with Glossy Accents and adhered them with pop dots as well.


 Here are a couple of close ups:




For my last project, I altered one of those dollar mailboxes from Target. Using Modge Podge, I adhered a strip of paper around and cut around the hearts to make a border for the sides. The plastic charms included in the cute were darling so I had to use them in this project! I hooked it onto a jump ring and dangled it from the knot under the tulle bow.


Inside the mailbox, I put Valentine's Day socks and treats for my daughter. That's going to be her present on Vday!


I also made a video about this project, check it out by clicking here. And if you want to see what the other DT gals created for this month's kit, check out the Coordinates Collections website.

4 comments:

Paulien van den Bosch said...

oh my gosh.... how gorgeous are all these projects!!!!!! love it. too cute!
Thanks for leaving me some love, on my blog.
Have a great sunday!

LG said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! You have outdone yourself this time. THESE ARE AMAZING!

deb famularo said...

Hi!
Just found your blog! You do amazing work! xOxO

Sue said...

Wow! Beautifully done! At first glance I thought in your first layout you'd laced the edge with paper in a concertina/fold effect - looks awesome! Oh those letterboxes are just too cute, wish our Target sold them! Love your work!