Friday, January 14, 2011

Coordinates Collections January Blog Hop Challenge

It's time for another blog hop challenge over at the Coordinates Collections blog. Now that the holidays are behind us and life is (hopefully) slowing down, I encourage you to take some time to play along. This month's challenge is...Circles!

Circles add visual interest to your pages and with are sooo many possibilities to incorporate them into your layouts, I'm sure you will enjoy designing with this challenge in mind. Weather you choose to cut your background, your photos, or add a circle as a decorative element (think doilies... hint, hint!), just have fun with it!

Here's a page I created using January's Amish Quilt kit which includes gorgeous papers and embellies from Cosmo Cricket's Circa 1934. This whole collection is very vintage and beautiful, I just loved working with it!


In the photo is my DD. A few years ago while on vacation, a photographer set up an Old West scene at the hotel we were staying at and we all took vintage portraits on site. For this layout, I decided to cut out the saloon scene behind her. It was actually very funny to have a toddler parading around on top of the bar of a saloon! Here are a few close-ups:




Quick tip: alter your chippies! The banner was part of the chipboard sticker sheet included in the kit but they were all in different colors and I didn't want that. My solution, I adhered them to pattern paper on the reverse side and cut them out!


Hope you have time to join us. The challenge is open till January 20th! Click over to the CC blog for more info on how to play for a chance to win some scrappy goodness!

2 comments:

Sherri said...

I like all that black bling!

WillieburgScrapper said...

I LOVE this page! The large cut out is such a great design elements- it helps that the photo is amazing. :) Just ordered from Coordinates- what a great website!!! So many cute things to buy. :)