Monday, October 18, 2010

Summer into Fall

Happy Monday! Just a quick post to share a couple of LOs I worked on during the weekend. My first LO documents a very special moment; it was Dylan's first time at the beach. We had a wonderful time in Point Pleasant, NJ. These papers by Webster's Pages were just perfect for the project. I cut the frame out of chipboard on my Cricut and added crackle paint and Glimmer Mist to give it that weathered look. To add more dimension and texture, I used sand, crushed shells, tiny starfish and cheesecloth. It was the first time I combined these mediums and had a blast doing so!
 




For my second LO, I busted out my Queen Bee paper collection by Pink Paislee. These papers are so beautiful, I have been hoarding them for quite awhile! This picture is a couple of years old, I was pregnant with Dylan then. To add softness and tie in the colors together, I placed a crochet doily on the background, love doing that, makes such a difference!




Also don't forget to visit the Coordinates Collections blog. I posted a challenge for our monthly Blog Hop. Check it out, you could win a  gorgeous kit!

Hope you enjoyed these projects, have a great week!


2 comments:

Janet Z said...

Very pretty pages!

WillieburgScrapper said...

Hi Jolaine! Great profile photo! The one I usually see on your sb gallery page is all fabulousness (must be the sunglasses). Love this beach layout! Beautiful papers and design. LOVE that you used sand and cheesecloth- super creative!