Sunday, October 10, 2010

In the mood for Halloween

Fall is in the air! We had a fantastic day today at the farm pumpkin picking, the house is decorated and now I can't wait for Halloween! Today I'm sharing a fun home decor project, a Halloween banner made with the Maya Road Mixed Scallop Triangle Book and Pink Paislee's Twilight collection. I had these papers since last year and this was a great way to use left over sheets from that collection pack. This is now hung on my entryway mirror, hope you like it!


Kind of abused my Cricut here! The circle and marquee were cut on the Storybook cartridge, the spider is from Lyrical Letters and all of the other cuts are from Paper Doll Dress Up. My favorite one was the cute ghost, which I cut on white glitter cardstock and inked with Black Soot Distress Ink. The Halloween ornaments are from Michael's. I hung them using Fancy Pants garment pins. After painting the naked chipboard letters black, I applied Crackle Accents and that made them extra spooky, loved the result!





After finishing the banner, I still had paper left so I made this LO. This is Dylan's last year's Halloween photo. Isn't he cute?! I also added a Jenni Bowlin calendar sheet and a Maya Road canlendar number.




Thanks for visiting my blog today, hope you enjoyed my projects. Have a happy-scrappy week!


5 comments:

Janet Z said...

Cute projects! I've always loved that PP collection.

María Castillo said...

Preciosos los dos Jolaine!! Me encantaría celebrar Halloween, solo para hacer cosas lindas como vos, ja ja!!Abrazos, María

Jill Sarginson said...

oooooooooh great banner! and awesome halloween layout too!

Mistra Hoolahan said...

Hi Jolaine! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your lovely comment!

I've clicked to follow you, you have gorgeous work and some fabulous ideas... wonderful inspiration!!

Mis xo

LG said...

Fun banner!!! I love the spooky details :D And that layout is so adorable! Thanks for the inspiration!