Monday, October 25, 2010

Shabby Chic Altered Dress Form

Hello everyone! Today I'd like to share with you a very fun project I created this past weekend for the Webster's Pages October Challenge. The challenge was to dress up a dress form and, boy did I have fun creating this one! I had been wanting to make dress form to decorate my scraproom and the challenge was just what I needed to get jumpstart my creativity. I was also beyond thrilled when I was notified that it was chosen as one of the featured projects for this week, YAY!

To make the altered dress form, I adhered a paper mache dress form I purchased at Michaels to a wooden candle stick and painted it with crackle paint in Tattered Rose. I also stamped it and added Glimmer Mist to make it super girly and shabby.


To make the roses, I cut three six-petal flowers using my Accent Essentials Cricut cartridge and the Tim Holtz paper rose technique. I then inserted a Prima baby rose in the middle and added Diamond Dust on the edges of the petals and on the butterfly that's sitting on top of the rose.


To make the sequined netting look aged, I dipped it into a wash made out of Wheatfields Glimmer Mist and water. This technique works equally well on lace!


Hope you enjoyed this post. Thanks so much for stopping by!


4 comments:

Marlene said...

Just gorgeous, love the measuring tape stamp. Love it ALL, you did a great job!
xxx
Marlene

Danielle said...

I love the crackle paint!

Pearl Maple said...

Nice!
The crackle paint adds a fun finish to your creation.

Glynis said...

What a beautiful art piece :O)