Tuesday, March 30, 2010

First Easter Layout

Hello crafty friends!


I finally got into the spring spirit and decided to do an Easter Layout. I used the Flutter Butter collection by Bo Bunny, love it! Still have a ton of paper left. This is actually the first layout I do of my son and I wasn't sure at all how to tackle it. I normally add flowers to everything but boys are hard! What do you think? I thought I could get away with it because I used blue and yellow ones!






The words 'baby's first' were Bo Bunny stickers and the word 'Easter' as well as the journaling tag were cut using the Storybook cartridge on my Cricut. The phrase 'little one' came from the New Arrival cartridge.


The brown borders were cut using a Martha Stewart border punch. These papers actually came from a collection kit that includes one page of each style but I love to make double layouts, so in order to 'fake' a coordinating yellow sheet, I used the matching rubbons. All of the swirls are also Bo Bunny stickers.


For the flowers, I layered a bunch of basic Prima flowers I had in ivory and blue and added Bo Bunny epoxy brads in the centers. To add some interest, I sprayed some flowers with Glimmer Mist in Frozen Lake. It just made it a little darker and added a pretty sheen. BTW, Glimmer Mist is my new favorite product, love it!


Here are some more detail pictures. Thanks for stopping by! Have a creative day!!!







1 comment:

Darien said...

This page is Amazing!!! Very beautiful details!!! He is so adorable!!!!