Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Altering My ATG Gun

Hey there!

I have received many inquiries regarding my ATG. Thanks for taking the time to write to me and leave those lovely comments on my galleries on scrapbook.com and TwoPeas.



Unfortunately, I altered my ATG a while back so I don't have a tutorial. However, I thought I would still give you some tips.

You will need:
 -a can of spray paint
 -a can of "accent" spray paint
 -a can of clear finish

1. Unscrew the adhesive wheel holders and cover bolts using blue painter's tape.

2. Cover the lid of the gun using butcher paper and painter's tape.

3. Apply two coats of spray paint to the body of the gun, let dry and apply a second coat. I used American
    Accents in Sweet Pea available at AC Moore, just like the other spray paints listed above.

4. Once the body of the ATG is dry, uncover the lid and spray with the accent paint and let dry. I used pearl
    spray paint because I was going for a matte smooth texture but I've seen it with glitter paint and it also
    looks pretty although the texture will be a little rough.

5. Now embellish as desired. I used a ton of girly rub-ons and bling. You may consider sticking to a theme
    using like-colors and embellishments. How cute would your ATG look painted in turquoise and
    embellished with beach inspired elements, for example?!

6. Protect your newly altered ATG gun with two coats of clear finish. It comes in matte or glossy finish. I
    recommend the matte finish, it will look and feel so smooth that everyone will think it came like that!

7. Replace the wheels we removed at the beginning and replace your adhesive.

That's it! This is a fun and fast project with big impact. I'm including a buddy video if you want some more details. If you do give this a try, let me know how it turns out!!!




In other scrappy news, I just got an e-mail from the super sweet Kaitlin over at the Paper Company. She loved the lollipop invites I recently made with the cute and fun Bright Stripes paper from the Celebrations line and featured them on their blog!!! I'm so excited and honored, thank you soooo much! Check out their blog, the new new releases are AMAZING!!!

No comments: