Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Good Times

This month's sketch over at Once Upon a Sketch is beautiful and inspiring; the theme is seasons and I'm excited to share with you my sample for the reveal...



I used a mix of Seaside Retreat and Yacht Club from Webster's Pages to create my layout. Seaside Retreat is one of my all time favorite collections from Webster's Pages. I created a layout, an altered canvas and a mini album with it when it was first released and I was happy to create with it again, it felt good to dig into my stash and use up my supplies!

As you know, OUAS is all about telling a story so journaling is very important. My journaling is hidden in a folded tag in the lower left corner of the photo. I made a dangly charm as a pull to go with it. In the back of the tag, I wrote about how much I love summer because it is the time of the year when I'm off work and able to spend more time with my children. Of course, the warm sunny days don't hurt either!



Here's a couple of close-ups...


Imaginarium Designs generously sent me a hefty supply of their wonderful chipboard (thanks ID!), here is one of the titles painted and inked to coordinate with the rest of the page.




I hope you're inspired to play along, here's the sketch sure to get your creative juices flowing!


Till next time, have a wonderful evening!!!

3 comments:

Romy said...

It is an absolutely amazing summer lay-out! I really love all the different textures.

Svetlana Austin said...

this is simply gorgeous! I love all the colors and the clusters on this LO! amazingly beautiful work!

Amy said...

This is so BEAUTIFUL......just a jawbreaker amazing work Jolaine ....hugs Amy :)