Thursday, May 10, 2012

Birthday Girl

Hello again dear friends! I'm back to share a bit of a different post. We recently celebrated Emily's 7th birthday and she chose to go with an art theme (how perfect is that!). We hosted the party at a nearby art studio along with Dyland and 8 of her friends. I thought I'd share with you how digging into my stash helped me make her party extra special.

We began with this adorable invitation from Big Day Invitations Etsy store. The owner was very speedy and accommodating as I requested a couple of changes from her original design.


These were the goodie bags. Super simple to make, I typed the message on my computer then used my Coluzzle to cut out the circles. Once stapled in place, I sprayed them with Glimmer Mist to create the appearance of paint stains.


The kids had a blast painting a canvas. Please forgive me for not posting too many photos of the girls as I did not get permission from their parents to do so.


I used some old Prima Fairy Flora papers that I had in my stash to create the watercolor mats on these frames. I also splattered some Glimmer Mist.



I also decided to bake the cake myself. I wanted it to look like a white canvas so the icing was very white and plain accentuated by colorful candles. Since the theme was art, I surprised the girls with six layers of different colors in the inside of the cake. Now, I don't regularly bake, so for me, this was a big deal! I followed this tutorial and must say, kind of felt very proud of myself when I heard the kids and moms wooing and ahhing as they got their slices :)




Lastly, a rare pic of my girl and I as I don't really like to be in front of the camera. I just cannot believe how fast time has passed, it seems just like yesterday when she was handed to me for the first time and now look at her! I'm so proud of how sweet and kind she has turned out to be.


I'll log off now before I start crying (or start think about having another one, LOL!) Thanks for your visit today.

Hugs,
Jolaine

4 comments:

Shona said...

she looks just like you...gorgeous fun photos!

Shona said...

she looks just like you...gorgeous fun photos!

MARILYN said...

Que hermosos recuerdos Jolaine! Tu chica preciosa Dios la Bendiga y esa foto de ustedes dos ..Bella!!! tienes q hacer una pagina la foto quedo chulisima!! El bizcocho te quedo fabuloso se ve super lindo con todo los colores. Todo hermoso!!
Happy Birthday Emily!! Muchas Bendiciones !!

Eila Sandberg said...

Sweet and kind mothers get sweet and adorable children, so give yourself a good pat on your shoulder and enjoy! LOVE the bright and happy birthday trimmings, your DD must have been really so thrilled! how cool is that to have an arty theme and have your party at a proper studio, yay I say! :))