Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Prima BAP for April

Good morning dear readers! Today I'd like to share with you a layout I created for this month's Prima BAP using the luscious Reflections collection. I loved the earthy and rich colors and designs in these papers and thought this photo of Emily and Dylan went perfectly well with it. Since the background was a little distracting, I printed the photo in 5x7, cut it out and adhered it using pop dots. I also did some stamping in the background.


To highlight the beautiful flowers in the design and add texture, I applied some Distress Stickles to the centers.


I also outlined the butterflies in the design paper with Stickles in the cinnamon color. This paper collection also lended itself to some fussy cutting so I cut out some images and used them as embellishments.



For my title, I printed the words 'Strong Bond' onto cardstock and cut it out in the shape of a strip. The banner look was achieved by punching the corners at an angle using my square punch. I also distressed the edges with my Tim Holtz Distress tool and inked it with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.



If you want to play along, get your Prima stash out and head over to the Prima blog, the challenge ends at the end of the month.

Thanks for visiting me today! Have a happy, scrappy time!


4 comments:

Karen Wilson said...

This is beautiful! I love the way you outlined the butterfly with stickles, great way to make the pop.

Lou said...

Love your take on thePrima BAP.. totally gorgeous LO!!
Lou xx

misty said...

Wow! I'm so amazed by all the details...So beautiful!

Paper Crown said...

ohh what an adorable pic! amazing layout, wow!! :)