Wednesday, April 20, 2011

MME Monthly Challenge

Good morning ladies! Just a quick post today as the whole family is getting ready to go spend the rest of the week in beautiful Lake George for the spring break. The kids are very excited to go to an indoor water park and do some horseback riding. I'll definitely share some photos when we return.

In the mean time, I didn't want to leave before sharing my entry for this month's My Mind's Eye sketch challenge. I titled it Love This Happy Boy. Aren't these photos of Dylan just adorable? (if I may say so myself) I really like the Stella and Rose collection, it's just perfect for those not-too-fussy boy layouts...




And here's the fabulous sketch I used to guide my design. As you might be able to tell, I always tweak the sketches to fit my personal scrapbooking style and photos. In this particular challenge, we were to use the 'April Showers' theme and I channeled Kim Watson's (one of MME DT members) idea of incorporating showers by splatting paint over my page, one of my favorite things to do!



Here are a couple of close-ups, enjoy...






Thanks for stopping by, have a fantastic Spring Break!

Hugs,
Jolaine

4 comments:

Luz Maria Bruna said...

What a pretty and sweet LO my friend!!

Letty said...

Wow, that is amazing! I love all that extra detail you put into your layouts. You have a good eye for color and embellishment placement. You are a talentedd scrapper. :)

Letty
www.latinascrapper.blogspot.com

Ashley S. said...

This is really pretty!

Karen Wilson said...

I love this!!!! Wonderful boy layout!