Monday, April 26, 2010

Strawberry Shortcake Inspired Birthday Party

Hello friends,
So today my post is not really scrapbooking but it's still scrapbooking-related. I'm sharing with you photos of my daughter's 5th birthday party. She wanted to go with the Strawberry Shortcake theme. I didn't really use the cartoon character but I did use the colors and elements found in the movies to draw inspiration and put together a party I'm calling Berrylicious Birthday Bash! This was soooo much fun to plan and create. Hope you enjoy the images!




For all the party decorations, I put my Cricut to do some serious work. Turns out the Indie Art cartridge has a cute strawberry image I used to make the birthday banners and frames, which I used as wall decor.


The super sweet tutu and head piece set Emily wore was purchased online on Etsy.com. For the top, I adhered an iron-on sequin number 5 to a plain tank top I found at H&M.


To get the guests in the berry mood, I made a wreath using a foam wreath frame, a feather boa, and a strawberry garland.






The dessert table consisted of delicious Italian pastries I had a local bakery custom decorate to coordinate with the theme. The cake was made by my talented friend Pepper Fateman. I also decorated take-out boxes so all the guests could take some goodies home.









The strawberries were a big hit. We simply used white Ghirardelli chips and red food dye to coat them with a hot pink layer of chocolate. They were super yummy!


I also turned to my Bug to cut out the scalloped circles which were used all throughout the party for everything from labels to balloon ties cover-up.




The party favor/craft activity was flower pot decorating and seed planting. My sister was so helpful! Not only did she come to my house the day before to help me decorate but she also wore a Strawberry Shortcake wig and facilitated the whole activity! Thank you Jordania, you're the best!






The entertainment was provided by the most gracious and patient clown I've met. Her name is Smiley. She did musical games, magic tricks and face painting with the kids. They LOVED her!





Finally, this is is a family shot. Thanks Fanny for documenting this moment!



Have a great week everyone, thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Rainbow said...

You did a beautiful work!! also I must say that you have a beautiful Family !!all your work is amazing!!
Se nota el amor de mami en toda la preparacion! que no hace una mami por sus hijos!! Hermoso todo!!
Un abrazo!
Lidia (rainbow151)
www.lidia-breakingbarriers.blogspot.com

Misty said...

Love the theme for the party!! You did an amazing job making all that! Thanks for sharing her birthday with us! (mbrune04)

WillieburgScrapper said...

SO CUUUUUTE! That photo of Emily with her hand on her hip is TOO MUCH! So Sassy! It should be a page. I wish I had more time to shoot Miss Lola's recent b-day. It was supposed to be outside but it rained so I spent the whole time running around making 30 guests feel comfortable in a tiny living room- it was CRAZY but we had fun.

Meris said...

Where did you get the cricut cartridge for the strawberry? I need one for my daughter's birthday banner!