Monday, April 12, 2010

Beauty In Bloom

Hey guys!
Hope you are all loving the weather. The kids were extra tired from running around all day so I got to crop a little. Here's the LO I made.

Making this was soooo much fun! I bought these papers at a LSS and got to work right away! The pictures were taken last year on Easter. I played around with distressing inks, tags, Glimmer Mist and even regular old silk flowers!



To make the 'BLOOM' title, I cut the letters using my Lyrical Letters Cricut cartridge and glimmer misted them in Iridescent Gold. I then inked them using Tim Holtz Distressing Inks in Shabby Shutters and toped them with a generous coat of Glossy Accents.


The large yellow and white flowers you see here are silk flowers I got from the floral section at Michaels. They are a lot less expensive than scrapbooking flowers! All I had to do was pull them apart and remove the stem so they would be less bulky and fit into my page protector. I then glimmer misted them using Iridescent Gold. The rest of the flowers are from a white Prima variety pack. Some of them were inked with yellow Cat Eye ink and others were glimmer misted with Sweet Clover. The ones I left white still got a coat of Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist. I just love this thing! You can't really see it in the pictures but all the flowers, including the Prima vine, are very glimmery!




For this page, I thought I try making a sliding tag. I used my Sentimental Cricut cartridge to cut the tag out and colored it with beige Cat Eye ink, then inked the edges with Tim Holtz Distressing Inks in Shabby Shutters. This is the top note tag, which I thought coordinated well with the shape of the die cut cardstock in the opposite page. I then staked two flowers and used my Crop-a-Dile to set an eyelet through the middle of the flowers. I love how this came out! I think I see a trend here, at least in my albums!

I think I'll do a Glimmer Mist video soon. I just learned about it and I'm totally hooked but choosing the colors can be tricky, so if you're a Glimmer Mist newbie, look out for it!

For a complete supply list, visit my scrapbook gallery by clicking here. Thanks so much for visiting my blog, have a creative day!


2 comments:

Darien said...

GORGEOUS LO!!!! Beautiful details!!!! I love GM!!!!!

Jordania Pereyra said...

I love this one!!!!
They keep getting better and better, I cant wait to make my vacation scapbook with you!