Monday, April 19, 2010

The Hunt Is On!!!

Hello everyone, here's hoping you had a fantastic weekend. It was really busy around here doing some yard work. I did manage to get some crafting done and this is what I came up with.

For my first LO, I scrapped photos from last year's Easter egg hunt using some old Basic Grey Urban Prairy papers I've had for more than a year.




Lots of texture going on here with layering, Glimmer Mist, Distress inks and Stickles. I also used the great Gabrielle Pollacco's wave technique around the second layer of paper.







For my second LO, I decided to scrap photos of my son Dylan taken on Valentine's Day. I drew inspiration from the very talented Beggahuna's Valentine sketch. For this one, I used Little Yellow Bicycle's Sweet Love and images cut on my Cricut.






Because these pages will ultimately go into Dylan's first year album, journaling is very important to me. I'm experimenting with different ways to present my journaling, here I typed it onto a heart-shaped tag, which I tucked partly behind the picture.

In order to make it look more masculine I did distress the edges quite a bit and tried lots of inking, still struggling with boy layouts though...








Thanks so much for visiting! Have a very creative week!!!

2 comments:

Darien said...

You did Beautiful with all the projects!!! I love those BG pps!!!!! Beautiful!!!

Marianna said...

I love how you used the vine ribbon on your first layouts. Beautiful work!

-Mari