Monday, September 13, 2010

Baby Love

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a great Monday and are off to a fantastic week. I had a long weekend and was able to create a LO. I know it's not much but I'm just happy to get my mojo back. The pictures are of my husband holding Dylan for the first time. I wanted a shabby chic look so I chose a monochromatic palette using papers from Webster's Pages Lullaby Lane and some Prima packaging to make this one.


The big daisy/fan I tucked under the rolled corner and slit on the side was achieved by making a border using a Martha Stewart deep edge punch and Prima packaging.


I used my trusty hot glue gun to adhere the lace trim and flat-back pearls. The pearl trim is from JoAnn Fabrics and the paper, flowers and lace can be purchased at Flamingo Scraps.


The vintage font I used for the title is called 1942 Report, love it! It can be downloaded free by clicking here.  I just printed it on cardstock and framed it with a Tim Holtz book plate. I also used some beads found at the floral department at Michael's as well as some white feathers.


I just love this cute little fairy riding on a turtle! I covered it in Crackle Accents to add texture.


Thanks for stopping by today. Have a great week!


4 comments:

Tiffany said...

WOW!! this is Gorgeous!!

Janet Z said...

Simply stunning!

Beebeebabs said...

Very pretty layout tfs!!!

Cindy d said...

Beautiful! Can't wait to see what you show during your GDT month at Flamingo Scraps!