Wednesday, September 7, 2011

September Reveal at My Creative Scrapbook

Hello friends! I hope you all had a great holiday weekend. It's time to share with you my designs with My Creative Scrapbook's gorgeous kits. I was lucky to work with the Limited Edition and Main kits. Both kits are gorgeous and packed with the most beautiful papers and embellishments.

First up, I'd like to share my Limited Edition work. This month's wonderful LE Kit included a gorgeous Prima canvas sheet. I wanted to make a 'fabric' layout so I thought I'd create depth with color and limit the use of paper. Here's my LO...



To color my canvas, I layed down a couple of Prima masks and sprayed the entire surface with two different colors of Glimmer Mist. I used GM in Hoola Hoop and Chalkboard in Apricot Nectar. I found these two colors complemented the papers I chose to add to my layout as well as the beautiful flower spray included in the kit.


I also frayed the edges by pulling some fibers. Next, I sprayed the threads/fibers I had left over from fraying with spray adhesive to make them sticky and add them to my project for more texture.




For my next layout, I wanted to create more of an adult look to scrap this photo of my beautiful sister. She decorated her new bedroom red and black and I promised to make a few layouts for her to place in shadow boxes and create a collage. I thought these pretty Creative Imaginations papers were just perfect for the job!


If you follow me on Pinterest, you probably noticed that I love quotes. I ran the paper through my printer using removable adhesive to include some inspiring words for her. The quote reads "Always remember: you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."



For my next page I worked with monochromatic colors and a few splashes of burgundy. The colors and textures in this kit are beautiful and work wonderfully together.






For this next page, I tried to keep things soft by adding splatters of paint, ribbon and a whimsical banner.




To create this banner, I simply cut a few rectangles in two different sizes and used a square punch at an agle to make the fish-tail ends. I also dressed up my banner with black ink and liquid pearls in soft pink.



This month, I also worked with the beautiful Main kit which features the Victoria Gardens collection by Echo Park. This kit is so pretty an easy to work with!



In this page, you will notice two picket fence embellishments I created to enhance the leaf vine trim included in the kit. A tutorial on how to create this shabby picket fence will follow shortly!


I love all the soft pastel colors in this kit! This funny photo of my husband and Dylan (while he was going through his yucky-face phase) worked really well with the yellow and black elements in the kit to create a simple and efforless LO.




Finally, I used my printer and the Echo Park journaling cards paper to create lunch box notes for Emily who started first grade today. I got the idea from Pinterest. This idea can be adapted to suit any theme your little one likes.

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit today! Head over to MSC's DT gallery to see what the other talented DT girls created and also check out the Tips and Tricks thread in our message board for awesome tutorials.

Have a wonderful week!!!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

Becky Andersen said...

What beautiful things you have created with this month's kit!

Jona Panesa said...

wow, these are so gorgeous!

Sandi Smith said...

wow...so many GORGEOUS creations....love them all!

LISA said...

They are ALL gorgeous Jolaine!! I enjoy your work so much!!

WillieburgScrapper said...

Wow so many gorgeous pages- you are on fire woman! LOVE that first page- the misting is so beautiful on the canvas page- will have to try that. The portrait of your sister is amazing- she's got fantastically captivating eyes.

Jodi said...

These are all just gorgeous!!!! Always something fun and exciting on your pages!!!

Rachael Elliott said...

Absolutely stunning pages Jolaine! I so love your scrapping style.

María Castillo said...

Me tomé como 10 minutos observando detalladamente cada uno de tus trabajos, son preciosos, me encantan!! Y las notitas para la lonchera, una ternura!

Shirley said...

Ooooooooo gorgeous, GORGEOUS stunning pages. I love your work and know it will inspire me. Love those little printed notes too :D

Iris Babao Uy said...

Oh my goodness these are magical Jolaine!!