Thursday, June 9, 2011

Wish

Hello there! I'm back to share with you another layout I created using the gorgeous Gabrielle collection by Bo Bunny. The sweet photo is of my daughter making a wish while throwing a coin into a fountain in Cinderella's Garden in Disney World, Florida last year.



This week's layout challenge in the Bo Bunny blog was to create a layout inspired by a piece of clothing or fabric. I was inspired by the halter top Emily is wearing in the photo. I tried to recreate ruffled edges all around my page to mimic the ruffles on the front of her top. I also thought its color coordinated very well with the teals and browns in this beautiful range.

I was also inspired by another wonderful sketch designed by the talented Nadia Cannizzo from Once Upon a Sketch blog. Please check her out, she's not only super creative and gifted, but also absolutely sweet and friendly!


Because I love this paper so much, I decided not to add as many layers as I normally do, instead, I made a slit on the paper and tucked a punched trim in between. I'm very pleased with how this turned out. Here's a closer look...




The gate behind the photo is a Dusty Attic chip piece I bought from Vicky Alberto's etsy store, another super sweet and talented crafter. To get the old patina look, I first sprayed it with Tattered Leather Glimmer Mist, then lightly brushed a thin layer of turquoise blue acrylic paint and followed with another layer of Glimmer Mist. I call this, 'easy peasy patina squeeze'! I know, so corny! LOL!




I hope you have enjoyed my post today. If you like to play along with this beautiful sketch, head over to  Once Upon A Sketch, the deadline is June 15th.

Hugs,
Jolaine

19 comments:

phamil said...

Jolaine, what a gorgeous page! So good to see you at Once Upon A Sketch!!! Beautiful work!!!

Tracey ~ GardenOfGrace said...

What a stunning LO! Congratulations on being named to MCS! Your work is gorgeous. I'm a new follower and am looking forward to more inspiration! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Gerry said...

Hey sweetie....Congrats on joining MCS!
The layout you created is simply amazing! Thank you very much for taking the time to play along!
Hugs ~Gerry~

Keren Tamir said...

I love it simply beautiful. its perfect!! I love the dusty attic combination witht he gabrielle line!!

http://kerentamir.blogspot.com/

sandi said...

Wow! This is absolutely beautiful! Love that gorgeous pic as well!

Vicky Alberto said...

Amazing lo and congrats on the DT position. Of course you can link to my Etsy!

Helen Tilbury said...

Jolaine this is absolutely beautiful! Remarkable in fact!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Once Upon a Sketch!!

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Jolaine, your work is always such a treat to see!! absolutely gorgeous!!

Thanks so much for the sweet comment you left at my blogsite, I am so sorry I left before we had a chance to get to know each other better in a DT setting! Just know that I think your work rocks and you'll do well in all that you do! Please feel free to contact me anytime hon, my door is always open! gpollacco@aol.com

~Gabi xx

Kerryn said...

What a sweet photo, absolutely beautifully scrapped.

Irma said...

wow! just gorgeous!
Thanks for playing along with us at Once Upon a Sketch!

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Jolaine this is fantastic! I love this so much! LOVE what you did with these papers and your colour combo. Thank you SO SO much for finding time to play along! You are wonderful!

Cynthia Lloréns said...

Wow!!! Your page is stunning so many gorgeus details!!!!!!
Congrats for your position DT!!!
I came from Once upon....and I enjoy everything in your blog.
I´m follower now.!!!
I wish a wonderful weekend.
Kisses and huges from Brazil
Cynthia

Irini said...

Stunning love the colours you have used and the details exquisite!
thanks for playing with us at Once Upon A...Sketch!

Dorothy said...

this is oh-so-stunning!

Jeni O'Connor said...

Jolaine there is so much beauty in this page. Gorgeous lo

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Hey there Jolaine. Did you notice that this stunning layout was featured at Once Upon A..Sketch. Just stunning so CONGRATS!

KellyCreates said...

Simply GORGEOUS layout, Jolaine! Your designs are always soooo beautiful! Thanks for the tip on the patina technique...LOVE that effect!! And congrats on the DT at MCS...you deserve that spot :)

jazsutra said...

Super sweet Layout! Congrats for all the wonderful news and thx for the inspirations you bring to many of us ;)

love
jaz

ally said...

This layout is sooo pretty!! I just added your blog to my blog list.

http://www.allyrosedesigns.blogspot.com

I look forward to seeing more blog posts from you!! :)


Ally