Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentine's Day Coupon Book

Hey There!
I'm finally feeling better after a few days of being knocked down by the flu. It was really ugly around here, the kids and I were completely out. So, of course, there was not much celebrating on Valentine's Day.

Since I felt better today, I made coupon books as presents for my husband and for Emily. Hers was purple and pink but not much to look at after she man-handled it for a while, so I'm going to show you the one I made for my hubby. It's a bit racy, but hey, that's how you stay happily married right?! (*wink*)

Front Cover - Love Birds

Inside Front Cover

Inside Back Cover

Back Cover

Front Cover Details

For the front and back cover, I used two pages from a 5-page ticket-shaped chipboard album I got from Michael's dollar bin. The papers and stickers were on clearance at AC Moore. Loved the glittered stickers, so cute!






For the coupons, I just made a table on Microsoft Word with columns that matched the width of my chipboard, 4x6. Then, I typed the message and centered it in each cell, adding a border to it. Once I printed it on cardstock, I used the border as a cutting guide. Using the chipboard cover pages as guides, I cut around the inside corners to help the rectangles resemble a coupon. Finally, I used a small heart stamp to embellish each coupon.

Thought this could be useful to those celebrating Valentine's Day late, or perhaps an anniversary?

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Jordania Pereyra said...

This is soooooooooooooo adorable, I love it!!!

A Crafty Corner said...

Jolaine you are always doing such great work. they look awesome.