Thursday, February 11, 2010

How To Make A Lollipop Invitation

We had a ton of snow in the past couple of days so I'm home from work. I took advantage an made the invitations for my son's upcoming birthday party. The theme will be candyland so I thought these lollipop invites would work perfectly, plus they turned out so cute!

These are super simple to make. First, type the text in word using a texbox over a circle. Make sure the circle has no fill and the border is set to the color and style of your choice. I chose red dash at 5pt. I played around with the placement of the circle and text on the page so that I would be able to print two invitations per page in order to save paper. Here's a link to the word document I used.

http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B54U6NbwGK4GMjhhMTBlNWYtMjM2NC00YmY3LTkyM2YtNGQ5NjhmMGEyZDcz&hl=en

Once you have your text printed, use a circle cutter to cut to your preferred size. I used a Coluzzle but any other circle cutter would work well. Remember to make this circle twice as big as the text so you can have space for the pattern paper border.

Next, use your circle cutter again to cut a ring of pattern paper. I used Bright Stripes by the Paper Company Studio to give the illusion of a swirl pop. I found this paper at AC Moore in the 8.5x11 rack, which I liked a lot since it was less expensive and fit my printer perfectly.


Now that you have your big circle and your ring, adhere them together using your favorite adhesive.

Looks cute right? Almost done, now you just need to glue a lollipop stick behind your circle using glue dots or tape. You can find them at Michael's. I also chose to cut a circle of pattern paper the same size as the white one to use as backing to cover the lollipop stick and the tape.
Your lollipop invitations will look great just like that, but for extra cuteness, I wrapped them in cellophane and tied a piece of ribbon around them. Be aware though that I plan to hand-deliver these, not sure what size envelope you would need in order to mail them. Another possibility would be to cut your own envelopes on the Cricut as well.



Remember to make an extra one to keep your baby's memory box!



10 comments:

jess @ pen n' paperflowers said...

oh these came out super cute...do you mind if i share with my readers?

Pretty Little Things said...

Absolutely! BTW I am in no way, shape or form nearly as talented as you but have been obsessing over kid party-planning websites lately because both of my kids have birthdays coming up. I just wanted to let you know how much I LOVE your blog, everything is just so beautiful!

Jordania Pereyra said...

OMG These invitations look awesome. They definitely set the tone for the candy land themed party. I can't wait :)))))

Anonymous said...

can i use the exact one you did and if so how do i change the circle color thanks a bunch
idohair826512@hotmail.com (jocelyn)

Anonymous said...

Did you use cellophane from a roll and just gather together? I am having a hard time finding cello bags that fit the 5" Lollipop I made. . .
Thanks!
Andrea

Jolaine Frias said...

Hi Andrea,
I bought a cellophane roll and cut as much as I needed to wrap each invite (a rough oval shape). All bags I found for sale were too small for this project. Hope this helps!

Hugs,
Jolaine

Alison said...

what did you use to glue the stick?

Liza said...

Thank You Thank Yo Thank You!!!! Could not get the red outline as i have a mac but hey I am good with it :) U saved me a ton on $$$ Thank you!!!

PBS said...

Thank you so much for posting the link to the birthday card template. You have saved me a ton of time!!

nineplusonestyle said...

cute!!!!! needed an idea and I found!!! thx