Sunday, December 2, 2012

Step By Step Saturday with Glitz Design

Good morning and happy December! With the holiday season in full swing, I thought I'd share some ideas in card-aking for my step-by-step assignment today over at the Glitz blog. Let me show you how to create this quick and easy Christmas card!

 
1. Start by inking your card base. I used a cream cardstock base. 
 

2.  Cut and distress a piece of the Banner paper and adhere it with the burlap side up. I normally don’t measure, just cut a quarter of an inch smaller than the card. 
 
3.  Next, cut and distress a smaller piece of the same paper, this time, let the burgundy side show. 
 
4.  Add one more layer of Santa pattern paper.
 

5.  Cut a strip of the Banner paper and punch one side of it, then adhere on the bottom of your card. 
 
 
6.  Tuck a piece of ribbon on the left side of your card. My ribbon happens to coordinate beautifully with the Banner paper and it also has a gold trim.
 

1.  Finish with a piece of burlap, an element from the Whatnots pack, and some flowers.
 
I also decided to add a couple of Giant Rhinestones. Here's a closer look...


 
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial! Have fun creating holiday cards and projects!
 
Supply List:
Holiday Cheer Card:
 
Joyeux Noel Whatnots
Joyeux Noel Giant Rhinestones
Joyeux Noel Santa, 12 x 12 Paper
Joyeux Noel Banner, 12 x 12 Paper



No comments: