Friday, November 30, 2012

Fall Beauty

Hello there! I hope you're all having a fantastic fall season. Though Thanksgiving has passed, and we're gearing up for Christmas, you may still be wanting to create some family and 'thankful' pages for your album. I was excited to look though my Glitz stash to find items that would remind me of the beautiful colors we see in nature this time of the year.

My first layout was created using mostly papers from the Joyeux Noel collection (not just for Christmas, this collection is soooo versatile!) and a couple of floral picks I found in the clearance section of my local craft store.


The vibrant green color in the Floral and Stripe papers worked really well with the floral pick. Since I don't store my layouts in page protectors, I'm really not concerned about the page being too bulky, but if you are, choose a pick without berries and pinecones. That is one easy way to make the supplies you already have fit any theme! Here's a closer look...  
 


For my second layout, I wanted to scrap one of my favorite photos of my children. The warm yellow and neutral grey tones in the Yours Truly collection were the perfect backdrop for my picture.


I chose to journal right on the pattern paper. I find that I'm more likely to record my thoughts if I don't fuss too much about it with tags and hidden tabs.




That's it for today! I hope I've inspired you to use your Glitz products in non-traditional ways to scrap any seasonal theme.


Supply List:
Fall Beauty Layout
Joyeux Noel Collection - 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper - Floral
Yours Truly Collection - 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper - Chevron
Joyeux Noel Collection - 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper - Stripe
Yours Truly Collection - Paper Layers
Hello Friend Collection - Teeny Alphabet - Tan

I Love You Layout
Yours Truly Collection - 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper - Chevron
Yours Truly Collection - 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper - Polka
Yours Truly Collection - 6 x 6 Paper Pad
Yours Truly Collection - Transparency Pieces - Peek-A-Boo
Yours Truly Collection - Paper Layers
Yours Truly Collection - Giant Rhinestones
Yours Truly Collection - Cardstock Pieces - Whatnots
Hello Friend Collection - Rubber Stamps

No comments: