Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Hello Crafty Ladies!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you. I hope you enjoyed this day with your families. I wanted to share with you a project I created for my mother. I titled it 'Amor De Madre', which translates to 'A Mother's Love'. I made her an interactive altered canvas piece that will display a 5x7 photo and also includes a detachable photo wallet. Because it would be hanging on the wall, I went with neutral colors to match her house decor. I had so much fun using vintage supplies and techniques!









The photo wallet on the lower right is secured in place with velcro. I intended for my mom to adhere a present day photo on the center mat and place older photos and do some journaling on the wallet. On the first panel, I glued a printed a poem on cardstock. I made the wallet using 3 regular letter envelopes. I'm very pleased with how it turned out. Here are some detailed photos.










I also made a video but I forgot to use the tripod so I apologize in advance if I make you nauseous! LOL!


This was really fun, you should give it a try! Thanks so much for stopping by. Please let me know if you have any questions.

1 comment:

A Crafty Corner said...

Jolaine, you have out done your self. It looks great I'm sure your mom loved it. Know you have to share your great talent with your dear friends