Sunday, May 16, 2010

3 Months LO + Jenni Bowlin Doop

I went to AC Moore this past Friday, and was thrilled to find out they now carry Bo Bunny and brand new Prima goodies. I stocked up and went home to play! This is my creation...






I did LOTS of distressing for this LO starting with edging all papers and adding white paint. I also created these flowers using ripped paper from an old recycled book. I've also been adding feathers to everything I make and this was no exception, LOL! I went a little overboard I think but I'm pleased with the outcome. Here are some close ups...











The next thing I wanted to share with you is my Jenni Bowlin vintage trinket pin doop. This is quick and easy! All you have to do is:

1.Get a corsage pin from the wedding section at your craft store.

2.You can either color the head of the pin with alcohol inks, or a brush tip marker, or leave it as is with its pearl head!

3.Slide in a slider bead. This can be a shaped bead such as a butterfly or heart, or a vintage bead like the one I used.

3.Finish off with a small glass bead to hold things together. If necessary, add a drop of Glossy Accents and let dry.

4. That's it! These make darling embellishments and add the finishing touch to your flowers. I hope you give it a try, these are quick and fun to make.
 
This is what mine look like...








1 comment:

LollyChops said...

loooove this idea! Thanks so much for the tutorial! I cannot want to make some pretty pins too!

HUGS!